Birmingham Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicyclists are facing higher risks of crash-related injuries than those in motor vehicles, almost 467,000 bicycle-related injuries occurred in 2015, according to the most recent injury data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A serious bicycle injury caused by someone else’s negligence can be devastating, both physically and financially. Contact the qualified team of Birmingham bicycle accident lawyers at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. if you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in a bicycle accident. Our goal is to obtain compensation on your behalf for your losses, as well as get you up and riding again. Call today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us
- A highly experienced Birmingham bicycle accident lawyer will personally handle your case from beginning to end.
- Our team can take care of any issue related to your case, including your disability claim, employment problems, any delays in health insurance, and more.
- We can provide knowledgeable counsel as a result of our considerable experience with bicycle accident cases and will maximize your chances of recovery.
- We will keep in constant contact regarding the legal process involved in your accident case so that you can make informed decisions about your future.
Alabama Bicycle Laws
In Alabama, bicycle laws state that cyclists have the same rights and duties as any other vehicle on the road, therefore they must:
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Ride as far to the right as practicable, except when making a left turn.
- Stay off of sidewalks.
- Use a designated bike path when available.
- Wear a helmet if under the age of 16. If over the age of 16, a bicycle can legally be ridden without a helmet.
- Alabama’s safe passing laws requires an overtaking vehicle to leave 3 feet between a bicycle and the motor vehicle.
- Motor vehicle operators must wait until bicyclists pass before opening their doors.
- A white light must be attached to the front of a bike that has a range of 500 feet to increase visibility at night as well as a red reflector on the back that is visible from distances up to 600 feet.
- Riders are prohibited from bicycling under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- Bicycles cannot be attached to or pulled by a motor vehicle.
Breaking any of the above cycling laws could prohibit an injured victim from obtaining compensation for their losses. Contributory negligence laws set in place in Alabama, dictate that an injured bicyclist loses their right to pursue damages if they are found to also be partially at fault for their injuries.
Why You Need a Birmingham Bicycle Accident Attorney
An experienced bicycle accident lawyer is needed while you are recovering from your injuries, as they will:
The facts surrounding your case will be investigated, all documentation including medical records and police reports will be obtained, and they will combine medical bills and accident-related expenses in order to calculate damages.
If fault has not yet been established, a qualified bicycle accident lawyer will identify the liable parties.
Your lawyer will determine all available options as well as create a legal strategy for pursuing compensation.
Your lawyer will negotiate with all involved insurance companies on your behalf and reach a settlement or file a lawsuit.
Once you receive compensation, your bicycle accident lawyer can also negotiate down your medical bills with your health insurance company.
Get Help From a Skilled Birmingham Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Ifediba Law Group, P.C. has successfully recovered full and fair compensation for countless clients. We care about your suffering and understand the serious effects that a bicycle accident injury can have on your life. Our decades of experience in bicycle accident cases empowers us to create a thoroughly crafted strategy to aggressively seek the compensation you deserve. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that there is no risk to you. We only get paid when you win. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.