Boat Accidents Lawyer in Birmingham
Over half of the 4,291 recreational boating accidents that occurred in 2017 resulted in injuries and the accidents overall caused $46 million dollars in property damage. The resulting injuries can be severe and are often due to a boat operator’s negligence. The Alabama boat accident attorneys at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. are prepared to fight for your legal rights if you have been injured in a boating accident. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us
- We have been recovering compensation for boat accident victims for over 20 years and have maintained a 98 percent success rate.
- Communication with our clients takes precedence, we will return all of your calls and emails promptly.
- Your satisfaction is our top priority, we will do everything in our power to meet your needs and strategize one-on-one with you in order to achieve your goals.
- Your case will receive the dedicated attention it deserves by an experienced boat accident attorney.
Why Hire a Boat Accident Lawyer?
An experienced boat accident attorney will advise you of your rights, legal options, as well as help you file your injury claim and litigate your lawsuit if necessary. Most importantly, you will be able to focus on recovering, while a team handles all of your legal matters for you, such as.
- Determining the at-fault parties.
- Checking if there have been any similar accidents in the area.
- Looking into the boat owner or operator’s accident history.
- Investigating the scene and hiring boat accident recreation experts.
- Interviewing witnesses.
- Reviewing medical records, documenting your injuries, and all injury-related expenses.
- Consulting and hiring the necessary expert witnesses for trial.
Having a boat accident lawyer advocating on your behalf will alleviate you from the stress of dealing with insurance companies as well as protect you from their tactics. Your lawyer will also be skilled at negotiating and maximize your chances of obtaining full and fair compensation.
Recent Boat Accident Statistics
- 658 fatalities occurred in boating accidents in 2017.
- Where a cause of death was known, 76% of fatal boating accident victims drowned. Of those drowning victims, 84.5% were reported to not be wearing a life jacket.
- Alcohol use is the leading known contributing factor in fatal boating accidents; it was the leading factor in 19% of deaths.
- 81% of deaths occurred on boats where the operator did not receive boating safety instruction. Only 14% percent of deaths occurred on vessels where the operator had received a nationally-approved boating safety education certificate.
- There were 172 accidents in which at least one person was struck by a propeller. Collectively, these accidents resulted in 31 deaths and 162 injuries.
- Operator inattention, improper lookout, operator inexperience, machinery failure, and alcohol use rank as the top five primary contributing factors in accidents.
- The vessel types with the highest percentage of deaths were open motorboats (47%), kayaks (15%), and personal watercraft (7%).
These boat accident statistics were reported by the United States Coast Guard.
Speak to a Highly Experienced Boat Accidents Lawyer Today
The team of accident lawyers at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. work tirelessly for clients in order to yield successful outcomes to their cases. We can handle your claim effectively and swiftly so that you can move forward with your life. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.