Fatal Car Accident Lawyer in Birmingham
Car accidents claimed the lives of 40,100 Americans in 2017, as stated in the preliminary estimates reported by the National Safety Council. Losing a loved one is devastating, especially when it is unexpectedly caused by a car accident that possibly could have been prevented. In most cases, fatal car accidents occur due to negligent mistakes made by drivers.
If you have lost someone you love due to negligence, when you feel able, consult with one of our experienced and dedicated fatal car accidents lawyers at Ifediba Law Group, P.C.. We can advise you on your legal rights and how your loved one’s estate representative may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim in Alabama.
Why Choose Us
- Our highly qualified fatal car accident lawyer can help you understand your situation so you can make informed decisions that will protect you and your family.
- We understand the intricacies of fatal car accident cases and will work diligently to address your every need.
- We can provide knowledge and guidance with your concerns, as we have ample experience with these difficult cases.
- We dedicate ourselves to being accessible to you during this difficult time, we will keep you informed on your case status and are ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Why You Need a Fatal Car Accidents Lawyer
During this extremely difficult time, a highly qualified fatal car accidents lawyer can handle all of your legal matters and stress. Alabama’s wrongful death laws vastly differ from other states, a lawyer with experience in fatal car accidents cases will be knowledgeable of the law, enabling them to navigate you through the process of pursuing compensation.
According to Alabama’s wrongful death laws, only the deceased’s personal representative for their estate may file a wrongful death claim. The damages an estate representative may seek are limited to punitive damages. The law’s intent of limiting damages to punitive is to focus on punishing the defendant for their careless act as well as deter others from committing similar behavior.
Alabama has set a statute of limitations of two years from the death for wrongful death claims to be filed.
U.S. Fatal Car Accident Statistics
The latest fatal car accident data, given by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for 2016, shows that:
- Distraction-related deaths decreased by 2.2%. (3,450 fatalities)
- Drowsy-driving deaths decreased by 3.5%. (803 fatalities)
- Drunk-driving deaths increased by 1.7%. (10,497 fatalities)
- Speeding-related deaths increased by 4%. (10,111 fatalities)
- Unbelted deaths increased by 4.6%. (10,428 fatalities)
- Motorcyclist deaths increased by 5.1%. (5,286 fatalities – the largest number of motorcyclist fatalities since 2008)
- Pedestrian deaths increased by 9%. (5,987 fatalities – the highest number since 1990)
- Bicyclist deaths increased by 1.3%. (840 fatalities – the highest number since 1991)
Fatal Car Accidents by Vehicle Type in 2016
|Pickup and SUV||356||34|
*Data courtesy of the NHTSA.
Contact Us Today
Our respectful and compassionate fatal car accidents attorneys at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. are highly experienced litigators in the field of wrongful death. We will protect your legal rights and advocate for you during this time of grief. Call today for a free case evaluation.