Birmingham Construction Accident Attorney
Construction sites are one of the most dangerous work environments and a common place for accidents. Hundreds of employees are injured throughout the year and one in five worker fatalities occur in the private construction sector, according to the latest data available data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for 2016. The injuries sustained by construction workers are often serious, if not fatal, and can have devastating lifelong consequences.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury in a construction accident, contact the highly experienced Birmingham construction accident attorneys at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. to discuss your options for obtaining compensation. Call today for a free consultation. Contact us for Defective Products Lawyer in Birmingham.
Why Choose Us?
- Our firm has significant experience in construction accident cases and a long history of success winning favorable outcomes for our clients.
- We will handle all of the paperwork and legal complexities so that you are free to attend to healing.
- We make every effort to promptly respond to our client’s concerns and to keep you informed about your case.
- Our construction accident attorneys take genuine care to offer swift and dependable representation that is tailored to your specific needs, goals, and objectives.
Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Falls – 384 out of 991 total deaths in construction in 2016 (38.7%)
- Struck by Object – 93 (9.4%)
- Electrocutions – 82 (8.3%)
- Caught-in/between – 72 (7.3%) — caught-in or between equipment, or crushed in collapsing structure, equipment, or material.
In 2016, these “Fatal Four” in total caused more than half (63.7%) of construction worker deaths, as reported by OSHA.
Who is Liable in a Birmingham Construction Accident?
Construction site owners: Can be liable, depending on the degree of control a construction site owner has over the site conditions.
General contractors: The general contractor is legally obligated to ensure that health and safety regulations are being followed on a construction site in compliance with OSHA. They must also warn workers if there are any hazards at the site or in the work being performed.
Sub-contractors: General contractors may bring sub-contractors on site and if so, they are also responsible for ensuring job safety and that OSHA regulations are being followed.
Design professional, including engineers and architects: Construction site architects or engineers are responsible for safeguarding against any design flaws in their plans that could compromise workers’ safety.
Manufacturers and suppliers of machinery, equipment, and materials: Manufacturers can be liable for a defective product that causes an injury to a construction worker. Also, suppliers are responsible for purchasing equipment that meets safety standards and properly maintaining equipment.
Insurance companies: The various parties involved in a construction project are typically required to carry substantial amounts of liability insurance. A construction accident attorney can help explain how insurance coverage will affect your claim.
The foreman, construction site managers and any other persons in charge of workers could also potentially be liable.
The Ifediba Law Group, P.C. Can Help
Our team of qualified construction accident attorneys have years of experience handling complex construction accident litigation. We will fight to protect your rights and demand justice for your pain and suffering. Fill out our online contact form or call today for a free consultation. Kindly check out our child injury attorney in Birmingham
YOU WON’T PAY US ANYTHING UNTIL WE’VE WON YOUR CASE