Head-On Collisions Lawyer in Birmingham
Head-on collisions are rare, but when they do occur they tend to be catastrophic for those involved. Survivors are often unable to work for extended periods of time, requiring extensive medical care in order to recover from their injuries. If you or a loved has been injured in a head-on collision, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Contact Ifediba Law Group, P.C. to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Why Choose Us
- We put a strong emphasis on providing personal service, including handling any issues related to property damages, rental cars, disability, employment issues, health insurance delays, and more.
- Our clients benefit from working directly with an experienced, dedicated, and skillful head-on collisions attorney who will strive to achieve a rewarding legal resolution for them and their family.
- Our firm has gained invaluable experience in handling head-on collision cases over the past 20 years and has maintained a 98% success rate.
- We work to establish a partnership by being accessible to our clients and helping them to make informed decisions that they will be comfortable with now and in the future.
Car Accident Laws in Alabama
Alabama is a fault-based auto insurance state, meaning that after a car accident, victims must seek recovery from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Anyone involved in an auto accident is required to remain on the scene, offer any needed assistance, and notify the police, especially if the property damage and injuries are extensive.
Once a car insurance claim is filed, you have the right to seek additional compensation through a personal injury lawsuit if the responsible party was negligent in their actions. However, Alabama operates under “contributory negligence” law, which means if you were found to be at all at-fault for causing the accident, then you are barred from seeking additional compensation. Hiring an experienced head-on collision injuries lawyer will ensure that all legal avenues for obtaining compensation will be explored.
Common Head-On Collision Injuries
Injuries that commonly occur in head-on collisions are:
- Head injuries
- Broken facial bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), including concussions
- Orthopedic injuries
- Serious spinal trauma
- Injuries to soft tissues and internal organs
The rate of speed both vehicles are traveling at before the collision occurs helps in depicting the severity of the injuries.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
Some of the common causes of head-on collisions include:
Cellphone use, GPS devices, and other onboard technology are distracting to drivers, as well as eating and drinking or talking to other vehicle passengers.
Fatigue diminishes reflexes and drivers are more likely to fall asleep at the wheel.
The majority of head-on collisions are caused by intoxicated drivers.
Disobeying Traffic Signals
Failing to properly follow traffic signals.
Poor Road Conditions
Hazardous road conditions such as potholes and debris on the road or faded divider lines can cause a driver to swerve into oncoming traffic.
In a multi-vehicle accident, a head-on collision can be part of the domino effect.
A Skilled Head-On Collisions Lawyer in Alabama Can Help
In the terrible event of a head-on collision, choosing the right lawyer to advocate for you can make all the difference. The highly skilled head-on collisions lawyers at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. have the experience and dedication to fiercely advocate for you and guide you towards a favorable outcome. Call to schedule a free case evaluation today.