Birmingham Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
Why Choose Us?
- We can take care of all matters related to your case, from disability claims to health insurance delays.
- We strive to keep the lines of communication open and will make every effort to make you feel comfortable and informed at every stage of your case.
- When you call, you will actually speak directly with a lawyer, not just an assistant.
- We have more than 20 years of experience successfully attaining considerable settlements and verdicts for clients.
What is a Spinal Cord Injury?
A spinal cord injury consists of damage to any part of the spinal cord or the nerves within the spinal column, affecting sensation, strength and possibly other body functions below the injury site. Symptoms depend on the location and severity of the injury on the spinal cord.The severity is classified as either complete or incomplete:
Complete: all sensory feeling and motor function below the injury site is lost.
Incomplete: some sensory and motor function below remains below the affected area. There are varying degrees of incomplete injury.
Typical symptoms that can be caused by an SCI are:
- Altered or lost sensation
- Loss of movement
- Spasms or exaggerated reflexes
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sexual function changes
- Damage to nerve fibers causing an intense stinging sensation
- Clearing of secretions from lungs
- Difficulty breathing
SCIs involving paralysis are known as:
Tetraplegia: also referred to as quadriplegia. The arms, hands, trunk, legs and pelvic organs are all affected by the SCI.
Paraplegia: affects all or part of the trunk, legs, and pelvic organs.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Acts of Violence
About 12% of SCIs are due to acts of violence that often involve gunshot and knife wounds.
Contact the Ifediba Law Group, P.C. Today for HelpSerious spinal cord injuries can cost over a million dollars in medical and living expenses in the first year alone. Working with a lawyer who has extensive experience in SCI cases, will increase your chances of obtaining financial compensation for your losses, such as past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Our spinal cord injury attorneys at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. have been providing high-quality legal representation for over 20 years. Having litigated a broad range of spinal cord injury cases, we know what it takes to construct the best possible case and yield successful outcomes. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no out-of-pocket costs to you unless we obtain compensation for you. Call to schedule a free consultation today or fill out our online contact form.
YOU WON’T PAY US ANYTHING UNTIL WE’VE WON YOUR CASE