Birmingham Uninsured Motorist Attorney
Why Choose Us?
- We are committed to effective communication and will make every effort to respond timely to your calls or emails.
- A qualified uninsured motorist attorney will be on your case at the start, working to efficiently resolve your case.
- We care about the well-being of each of our clients and wish to alleviate their stress by handling all aspects of their case.
- We have a knowledgeable team of underinsured motorist attorneys that have successfully handled these complex cases for more than 20 years.
Why You Need an Uninsured Motorist Attorney
As long as you have not opted out of UM coverage in writing, your injuries and the property damage you sustained in the accident should be covered under Alabama’s Uninsured Motorist law, depending on your liability limits. Working with a competent UM attorney will ensure that you receive the full and fair compensation you are owed.
Minimum Liability Insurance in Alabama
In Alabama, non-commercial vehicle operators are required by law to carry auto insurance. Here are the minimum liability coverage requirements:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
What To Do After an Accident With an Uninsured Driver
CALL THE POLICE
Having a police report stating the fact that the at-fault driver is uninsured will help make the claims process easier.
You will need contact information for the at-fault driver as well as any witnesses.
WRITE DOWN THE FACTS
Write down every fact about your accident that you can think of, such as the time and location of the accident, the make and model of the vehicle involved, direction both cars were traveling, weather conditions, traffic and road conditions, and the responding officer’s name and badge number.
Take photos of all property damage and traffic signs.
FILE A UM CLAIM WITH YOUR INSURER
Notify your insurance company as soon as possible.
Speak to a Skilled Birmingham Underinsured Motorist Attorney Today
At Ifediba Law Group, P.C., we are familiar with Alabama auto insurance laws and how insurance companies work. Many claimants are not offered fair settlements. Our goal is to ensure that insurance companies treat our clients fairly. If you were hit by an uninsured driver, contact us to receive a free case evaluation and to discuss your legal rights with a skilled Birmingham UM Attorney.
YOU WON’T PAY US ANYTHING UNTIL WE’VE WON YOUR CASE