Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer in Birmingham
Slip and fall injuries plague over one million Americans each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The injuries from these falls can be significant. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to unsafe conditions on another person’s property, the owner of that property may be liable for your losses. Contact the Ifediba Law Group, P.C. today to discuss your case with a highly experienced slip and fall accident attorney. We offer free consultations.
Why Choose Us
- Our slip and fall accident lawyers provide the careful and personal attention that takes into consideration the unique needs and individual circumstances of each client.
- We are available to speak to and respond to our clients whenever they need us.
- Any matter you are concerned with in relation to your case can be taken care of by one of our experienced slip and fall lawyers.
- We have the critical experience needed to fight for your rights during negotiations and in court.
Common Slip & Fall Accident Injuries
Resulting injuries from slip and fall accidents are commonly:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Sprains & strains
Common Locations Where Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
Although they can happen almost anywhere, slip and fall accidents commonly happen at:
Slips and falls are the number one cause of injury at hotels each year. Of those injuries, 70% occur on a flat walking surface.
Restaurants experience an average of three to nine slip and fall accidents a year.
Most common place these accidents occur, often when a product is broken and spills onto the floor.
Of all workplace accidents, slip and falls are the leading cause of death and responsible for over half of disabling workplace injuries.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
Common causes for how slip and fall accidents happen are:
- Slippery floors (main cause)
- Ice or snow
- Uneven pavement or gravel
- Cracks in sidewalks or flooring
- Changes in flooring surface
- Too steep of stairs, or stairs which have broken handrails
- Foreign objects or debris on walkways
- Changes in surface height
Many accidents involving slips and falls accidents are preventable if a property is properly maintained and by the owner or renter exercising reasonable care.
Slip & Fall Statistics
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Serious injuries are caused on 1 out of 5 falls, such as broken bones or a head injury.
- Three million elderly adults are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries each year.
- There are over 800,000 hospitalizations a year due to fall injuries, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture.
- Approximately 300,000 elders are hospitalized for hip fractures each year.
These statistics are courtesy of the CDC.
Why You Need a Slip & Fall Accident Attorney
Slip and fall accident cases can be very complex, the property owner or their insurer will attempt to pin all or some of the blame on you.
Liability will need to be established and in order to do so, an attorney will need to prove one of the following:
- The property owner was aware of an existing hazard but did nothing to fix it.
- The property owner created a hazardous condition.
- The property owner failed to keep their property reasonably safe and should have been aware of an existing hazard.
A personal injury attorney with extensive knowledge in slip and fall cases will ensure your rights are protected and aggressively fight to obtain the compensation you are owed for your suffering.
Contact Us Today
Our highly experienced slip and fall accident attorneys at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you do. We have advocated for injured clients successfully for over 20 years. Contact us today for a free case evaluation so we may advise you of your legal options and protect your rights.