Birmingham Distracted Driver Lawyer You Can Trust
Nine people are killed and over 1,000 people are injured every day in the U.S. due to distracted driving, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Even while driving safely, sharing the road with these negligent distracted drivers can be dangerous. Victims of distracted driver accidents deserve compensation for the injuries they have suffered. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a distracted driving crash, get the compensation you are owed by contacting the dedicated and skilled injuries by Birmingham distracted driving lawyers at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. Call today, we offer free, no-obligation case evaluations.
Why You Need a Birmingham Distracted Driver Lawyer
Distracted driving can be hard to prove, which is why victims of distracted driving accidents need an injuries by distracted drivers lawyer. A qualified attorney well versed in distracted driving claims will gather evidence such as eyewitness accounts, police reports, the negligent driver’s cell phone records, accident recreation expert testimony, and security footage of the crash so they may prove that the at-fault driver was dangerously distracted at the time of the accident. By working with an experienced injuries by distracted drivers lawyer, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while a strong case is being built on your behalf in order to get the compensation you deserve for your losses. Contact Birmingham Dog Bite Lawyer .
What Is Distracted Driving?
Any activity that diverts attention from driving is considered distracted driving. This includes:
- Talking or texting on a phone
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to other people in the car
- Adjusting the radio station, CD player, or other music devices
- Messing with the entertainment or navigation system
Common Distracted Driving Injuries
Distracted Driving Statistics
- In 2015, 391,000 injuries were caused in distracted driving-related accidents.
- Distracted driving was cited as a major factor in 3,477 traffic deaths in 2015.
- Distracted driving is responsible for approximately 25% of all motor vehicle crash fatalities.
- Distracted driving or driver inattention causes 80% of car accidents.
- 1 out of every 4 traffic crashes that occur in the U.S. are caused by cell phone usage.
- It takes only 3 seconds after a driver’s attention has been diverted from the road for a crash to occur.
- Texting while driving distracts a driver for approximately 5 seconds, when driving at 55 miles per hour, the driver has traveled approximately the length of a football field with their eyes closed.
- Texting while driving is 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving under the influence of alcohol is.
- 62% of distracted driving accidents are caused by a driver who is lost in thought.
- Cell phone use caused 14% of distracted driving-related deaths in 2015.
- Driver distraction is reported to be responsible for more than 58% of teen crashes.
Find these and more distracted driving statistics on TeenSafe’s website.
Contact Us Today
Ifediba Law Group, P.C. has a team of Birmingham car accident attorneys who have been effectively helping the victims of distracted driving for over 20 years. We will work hard and invest our resources into building the best possible case for you. Call today for a free consultation to discuss your rights. Click here to check our Defective Safty equipment claim attorney service
YOU WON’T PAY US ANYTHING UNTIL WE’VE WON YOUR CASE