Fractures & Broken Bones Attorney in Birmingham
Fractures and broken bones are among the most common injuries that occur in all types of accidents. Bones are not built to withstand a great deal of trauma or force. Although they heal with time, fractures and broken bones can still cause tremendous pain for accident victims.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a broken bone or fracture due to another party’s carelessness or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Receive a free case evaluation and discuss your legal options with a highly experienced fractures and broken bones attorney at Ifediba Law Group, P.C. today. Call (205) 933-1515 or fill out our online contact form.
- Your injury case will be given the complete attention of a skilled fractures and broken bones attorney, not a paralegal or other legal assistant.
- We make it a priority to be available for our clients and easily accessible.
- Each case is individually addressed so that your specific needs are met.
- We have secured favorable outcomes for broken bone victims at a 98 percent success rate over more than 20 years.
Common Accidents That Cause Fractures & Broken Bones
Some of the common accidents that cause fractures and broken bones are:
Falls – Most fractures among older adults are caused by falls. Commonly involving the spine, hip, pelvis, arm, hand, leg, or ankle.
Car accidents – A leading car accident injury. In a collision, occupants can be slammed against the interior of the vehicle or possibly ejected from the car if seatbelts aren’t being worn.
Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to bone fractures due to a lack of protection that a vehicle can provide.
Pedestrian accidents –Pedestrians are completely unprotected and can suffer broken bones among other serious injuries when hit by a vehicle.
Bicycle Accidents – Despite the use of helmets and other protective gear, cyclists are very vulnerable to broken bones in a collision.
Workplace accidents – Slips, trips, and falls are leading causes of workplace injuries, frequently resulting in fractures.
Sports Accidents – Excessive force and the possibility of a slip, trip, or fall in impact sports can cause participants to suffer broken bones.
Types of Bone Fractures
Some of the most common types of bone fractures include:
- Incomplete fracture: crack on one side of the bone.
- Complete fracture: clean bone break into two pieces.
- Non-displaced fracture: bone partially breaks or fully breaks, but still lines up at the fracture site.
- Displaced fracture: bone breaks into two or more parts, bone fragments do not line up at the fracture site.
- Open fracture: The bone breaks and penetrates the skin, creating an open wound to the skin, prone to infection.
- Closed fracture: The bone breaks but doesn’t puncture the skin.
- Comminuted fracture: The bone is crushed or fractured into many fragments and pieces.
The type of accident, the force or trauma involved, and the type of fracture will depict the severity as well as the amount of time needed to recover.
How a Fractures & Broken Bones Attorney Can Help
After suffering a fracture or broken bone in an accident, you will likely have to go through an insurance company to receive compensation for your injuries. The insurance companies are looking out for their own best interests and have experienced attorneys working to limit your recovery.
In order to obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve, you need a strong legal advocate working on your behalf as well.
The Ifediba Law Group, P.C. Can Help
We are a team of confident and skilled trial lawyers with a reputation for results. Our firm is a trusted voice among our clients and within the legal community. We will guide you and aggressively seek justice for you, contact us today for a free consultation.